One of the areas in which digitalization and automation have experienced major progress is the medical industry, an area in which we have to deal with a large volume of information, which both patients and specialists must access in a safe way.
Custom applications have allowed the remodeling of the doctor-patient experience, but also the administrative experience in the medical units. The availability of more resources and tools enables improved management of healthcare centers, discovery, and innovation of more effective treatments, optimal patient care, and more.
What role does technology play in the healthcare industry?
Increasing life expectancy, but also the predisposition to increasingly dangerous diseases are the prerequisites for which technology and innovation are needed in the medical industry. In addition, it seems that technology is gaining ground in this sector, generating changes from year to year.
Technology plays an important role in the medical industry in terms of:
- Benefits for patients:
- The possibility of storing and recovering data from patients’ health records;
- Improving the communication of information about a patient in a readable format;
- Reduction of medication errors;
- Alerts and notifications regarding treatments, consultations, or diagnostic reports.
2.Advantages for medical professionals:
What are the benefits of custom applications for the medical industry?
- Records of recruitment competitions and human resources management;
- The transmission of information between departments;
- Access to resources and tools that help employees in their work, etc.
At present, we can say that there is an application for almost everything, being constantly developed custom software dedicated to medical units both to streamline the work of doctors and to improve the patient experience. Custom applications offer great flexibility to all those involved in their use.
While some custom apps are designed to contribute to an awareness of the importance of health in certain contexts, others facilitate communication between patients and healthcare providers. Among the main benefits, we list:
- immediate access – a customized application offers the possibility to schedule an online consultation without leaving the home or waiting long hours in the medical unit. Patients only need to download the mobile app or log into the platform via a browser to create an account and connect with their doctor to discuss health issues.
- effective emergency management – the custom app can immediately notify the doctor of the patient’s emergency. In this way, the doctor can save time and prepare before the patient reaches the medical unit while speeding up the documentation and treatment procedure.
Integration of smart device data collection features – customized applications can be connected to the patient’s smart watches or medical devices to collect information on heart rate, blood sugar, and blood pressure. The mobile app can gather health details, managing to provide daily or monthly patient reports needed to improve treatments.